In simple terms, "digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media. Digital marketing differs from traditional marketing in that it involves the use of channels and methods that enable an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn't – typically in real time” (SAS). This course gives participants richer understanding of the foundations of the new digital marketing landscape and provides them with a new set of stories, concepts, and tools to help them digitally create, distribute, promote and price products and services. Participants will have individual laptops for immediate practice and implementation of learned concepts. Hands-on application will be a vital advantage for participants attending this course.
The course is action and deliverable oriented. It includes short presentations on relevant topics by the consultant and participants and the completion of the participants' own digital marketing plan using their workbook and the supplied laptops.
Who should attend ?
The course is designed for marketing and communications professionals who wish to gain a greater understanding of digital marketing, social media, and the latest trends in marketing management.
Digital marketing: overview and scope
- Digital marketing versus traditional marketing
- B2B and B2C most ideal platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Business blogging
- Auditing your website
- The seven step digital marketing plan
- Organizing your digital marketing calendar
Search engine optimization
- 21 SEO tips that digital marketers need to know
- Setting up Google AdWords campaigns content structuring
- Finding and selecting the right keywords
- Campaign setup procedure
- Organizing Ad groups
- Optimizing landing pages
- Bid management
- Analytics – measure and fine-tune
- Understanding dashboard – audience | advertising | traffic source | content | conversions
- Taking decisions based on Analytics reporting
- Defining business goals and objectives
- Measuring tools and methods
- Measuring your site's ROI
- Introduction to goal conversion – tracking the conversions
- Tracking social media traffic – advanced segmentation
- Tracking phone calls with Google Analytics
- Integrating your Google AdWords campaigns into Google Analytics
Social media marketing: full engagement campaigns
- Overview and some brief statistics
- Social media marketing strategy: Setting up social media goals, Be selective: Find out where your targeted people connect, Popular social media networks, Facebook graph search – SEO for Facebook Find out where your targeted people connect Popular social media networks Facebook graph search – SEO for Facebook Knowing your audience: Setting up facebook Ads for your targeted demographics and their interests, Setting up LinkedIn Ads for your targeted industry and prospects Google Alerts – monitoring your brands, competitions, and industry trends, Hashtags – best practices and tools Inbound Marketing – overview and methodology: Self-hosted blogging – tips and tools, Lead generation
By the end of the course, participants will be able to: