This course provides participants with core knowledge about sales as a function and as a process; this means that participants will get solid exposure to sales and its contribution to company growth. They will also gain in�depth understanding of sales and self-management, the art of prospecting, opportunity planning and resource allocation. In addition participants will acquire several skills related to negotiating deals, overcoming obstacles, resolving customer issues and closing sales. Also we cover all the most important elements of service any person involved in direct interactions with customers should know and apply. From the necessary behavioural and communication skills to the right attitude, and including specific methods to analyze and improve the service provided, we cover it all in a straight forward and effective manner that will help participants ensure customer satisfaction and delight in the most challenging situations.
The course relies heavily on an interactive approach. Participants will enjoy working with business cases extracted from real life situations taking them from understanding the situation to finding a solution. The course leverages role play techniques where participants work and present scenarios related to deal negotiation, building relationships or problem resolution. Such role plays foster confidence, analytical thinking, and teamwork mentality.
Who should attend ?
Salespeople, sales support, as well as potential candidates for sales and customer service positions who want to build and revitalize their existing selling skills.
The changing business environment
- The evolution of personal selling
- The new sales competencies
- Behaviours, characteristics and skills of a successful salesperson
- Personal selling profile (self-assessment instrument)
Preparation and self-organization
- Targets from a sales perspective
- Personal management
- Time management for sales people
- Understanding the psychology of selling
Mastering the sales process: from initiation to post-sales
- Prospecting and Qualification: The vital importance of prospecting, Setting your ideal customer profile, Understanding the sales funnel
- Pre-approach: How to conduct effective competitive analysis, Neutralize or offsetting perceived competitor's advantages, Working your company's strengths against competitors' weaknesses, Presenting your Unique Selling Proposition (USP), Finding and sharing the Customer Value Proposition (CVP)
- Approach: Creating a positive first impression, The art of breaking the ice, Researching and simulating sales solutions
- Presentation: The presentation mix, The fundamentals of powerful sales presentations
- Handling objections: Reasons of customer objections, Dealing with sales objections
- Closing: Reading the buying signals, Types of closing techniques
- Follow up and retention: Handling customer complaints, Essentials of relationship management
Professional Behaviour with Customers
- The power of behaviour
- Principles of effective behaviour
- How to behave professionally with the customer
- Verbal and non-verbal components of communication styles
By the end of the course, participants will be able to: